Important Yard Waste Announcement!
The 2023 Yard Waste Season will come to an end on December 1st. Thank you for another great season!
Christmas Tree pick-up for 2024 begins January 8th-19th. More information is coming soon about our free Christmas tree pick-up.
If something changes, we will keep you posted on social media and our website – 10/25/2023
Yard Waste is a prepaid annual service, and no credit will be given for late sign-up or early termination. Only current trash customers can subscribe to our yard waste program.
Minnesota Statutes 115A.03 Subd 38 defines yard waste as “garden wastes, leaves, lawn cuttings, weeds, shrub and tree waste, and prunings.”
Acceptable Yard Waste materials:
- Grass Clippings
- Tree waste (including leaves, pine needles, pinecones, acorns)
- Branches/brush (must be cut to lengths no more than 4 feet & firmly tied in bundles no more than 18 inches in diameter).
- Garden waste
- BPI Certified lawn and leaf bags
Non-Acceptable Yard Waste Material:
- Black lawn & leaf bags or non BPI plastic bags of any type
- Rocks or bricks
- Large branches or tree stumps
- Mulch, wood chips
- Landscape materials (edging, fabric, pavers, etc.)
- Lumber or treated wood
- Plastic plant trays, hanging baskets or pots
- No Trash or recyclable material
Frequently Asked Questions
We compiled a list of frequently asked questions to alleviate any unknowns that you may have about our yard waste service. Please review the list of frequently asked questions below, and feel free to reach out to us if you have additional questions. We are here to serve you!