Public Drop-Off facility:
10191 Xylite Street NE
Blaine, MN 55449
Hours of Operations:
To the General Public
M-F: 8am – 4:30p
Accepted - No Charge
Walter’s welcomes the following items at our Recycling Center: Residents, there is no charge to you for recycled items.
*Commercial customers, are subject to a fee.
- Aluminum & metal cans: empty and rinse
- Cardboard: flatten*
- Glass jars & bottles: empty & rinse
- Plastics #1,2, & 5 – Plastic bottles & jugs w/necks: empty & rinse
- Magazines ~ Mixed Paper ~ Newspaper ~ Phone Books*
- Batteries: Alkaline, lithium, Ni-cad and button batteries.
- Ink Cartridges
- Cell Phones
- Scrap Metal (no redemption is paid on scrap metal).
- Bicycles (All Bicycles are collected year-round and then donated to a program called Bikes4kids).
- Textiles | USAgain will accept clothes, shoes, accessories, and household textiles in reusable condition: Look for the USAgain box at our facility and place items of reusable condition in the box. Looking for more information? Click the link https://usagain.com/items-we-accept
Accepted - With Fee
Walters Recycling and Refuse also accepts the following items at our Recycling Center, fees do apply.
More than one yard of Cardboard is subject to a fee *commercial customers
- Bulky Furniture
- Appliances (water softeners must be emptied)
- Extra bags of Refuse
- Outdoor items ~ (examples: Basketball hoop, outdoor pool, gas or charcoal grill, lawnmower, snow blower, outdoor trinkets etc.). Snow blowers, lawn mowers and other outdoor equipment must be drained of all fluids (gas & oil) prior to drop off.
- Construction Demo
Use our Recycling Wizard
Use out trash wizard to schedule reminders, pay your bill, find our FAQ’s or find out how to recycle certain items.