The Walter family has been in the industry for over two generations. On May 1, 1956, Jack and Shirley Walter started service to 250 homes in the Village of St. Anthony. A short time later, homes were being built in Roseville between Rice Street and Western, Snelling and Fairview. At this time, Jack and Shirley, with 4 of their 5 children, went door to door and signed up new customers. The company grew and so did the children. In January 1983, Jack and Shirley retired. At that time, they had 33 trucks and 56 employees. The boys stayed in the industry with another company.
George and Greg followed the footsteps of their parent’s company, Walters Disposal, with the purchase of 2 trucks on March 1, 1988. Walters Recycling and Refuse, Inc. was born. We have built the company into one of the largest independent waste companies in Minnesota and the top 100 in the United States. Walters has gone from a customer base of 200 to 75,000 residential and 7,000 commercial, industrial, and roll-off customers.
Our current fleet of vehicles is maintained at our state-of-the-art maintenance facility located in Blaine, MN. We operate 2 shifts to keep equipment in peak running order to meet and exceed the demands of our customers.
We have ten well-seasoned and experienced customer service staff employees. They are available to answer the phones from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
We stand to be a pillar of dependability in the communities we serve by providing safe, simple and reliable environmental services.
Our Core Values
- Customer Focus: Never forget we are in the customer service business – “WOW” our customers always!
- Safety: The safety of our team and those in the communities we serve will be deeply integrated into everything we do.
- Integrity: Authentic character with consistent behavior that honors company standards.
- Excellence: Focused effort toward exceptional performance and continuous improvement.
- Teamwork: Work together to achieve personal and corporate goals. Remember the best team wins!
- Flexibility: Live with the ability to change – our wide range of customers demand it.
- Have Fun: Acquire and share knowledge. Show pride in yourself and the company. Smile!